ERVIN THOMAS assembled his unique and engaging perspective from a blend of sports and business experience. He connects and transforms principles and concepts from sports and business into resources that help individuals, teams, organizations and businesses create the right success environment. Some of his stellar accomplishments include:
- 1st Team All-State; Played in Two State Finals; State Silver Medalist in Track
- 1st Team Collegiate All-American (Offensive Center); Two-Year Team Captain
- Earned Degree in Urban and Regional Policy Planning (Texas State University)
- Inducted Into Texas State University Hall of Honor (2015)
- Special Appointment by Texas Governor Rick Perry to State Innovation Committee
- Chairman of the Mickey Leland Environmental Internship Program
- Chairman of Texas Oil & Gas Association (TXOGA) Regulatory Practices Committee
- Board of Directors Member for the Texas Pipeline Association (TPA)
- Mentor of the Year for Katy ISD (2013); VP of Seven Lakes HS Athletic Booster Club
- President of Political Action Committee for $609 million bond that passed with 70% vote
He consistently received the highest ratings as a trusted Legislative and Regulatory Policy Advisor and Execution Planning Advisor while at Chevron Corporation. In both roles, he advised Chevron executives and other leadership on complex state and federal policy issues and operations execution functions that were best aligned with company business interests.
He previously served as Government Relations Director and Lobbyist for the Texas Chemical Council representing more than 60 companies. This role required close adherence to procedural protocols, an outstanding ability to build and maintain relationships with legislators and elected officials and diligence while advocating on policy proposals.
He aligned qualities from sports and business – team work, leadership, discipline, execution and accountability – to develop a spectrum of resources that benefit sports entities, businesses and career professionals. His success is the business world has proven valuable to many clients that have engaged his services and tapped his expertise.
He is an outstanding resource in the field of sports focused on professional staff development, program enhancement, student-athlete engagement and college recruit prospect development. He is also a talented and engaging speaker and frequently gives talks on leadership, team dynamics, mentoring and success management.